Purpose

This blog was created to express my grief over the loss of my husband Tim. This blog is a place of expression and reflection as I continue to move on and journey through my grief and life in general. This blog will hopefully become more, but for now it is what it is.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Legos

I had another post ready to go and screwed it up so I am writing a more brief one. 

It will be four months on Sunday since Tim died.  That has been on my mind a lot these past few days.  I have had a few moments of crying that came out of nowhere.  I have had to stop, and force a few memories aside in order to get through the moment, let alone the day.  I think part of this, aside from the anniversary, is the progress on his condo.  Enough progress has been made that you can now hear an echo.  I honestly never thought that would come to pass.  i was, just a month a go unsure how i would get everything out, feeling totally overwhelmed.  her it is a month later and it is now looking rather stark n some spots.   Some furniture has been removed and those ho;es are hard to look at some times.

The big hole, not just physically, but emotionally will be the removal of his Legos castle.  I had emailed the Madison Children's Museum, too see if they might have a need for it.  they emailed me back this week saying they would definitely like it, so next week they will be coming to take it.  I am not sure how easily we will be able to move it as it is big and heavy, but we will do what we can.

That castle has always been a apart of his condo and our relationship.  The first year and a half of our dating , the castle was in the living room near the TV.  This was fine for him as when he sat on the couch, other resting in front of, for he was tall enough to see over it.  I on the other hand being shorter only saw the top third of the movies we watched.  I know he wasn't totally sold on the ideas of moving it, but bless his heart he did.  He had worked very hard on that, having the right small accessories to go with it, and you can tell that he truly put his heart into it. 

I know he will be very happy to know that children could earn form his creation and get some enjoyment out of it as well.  His other Legos have been dispersed all over town, to schools, community centers and to children directly.  I am very glad that i was able to share a part of him with so many others, whether they realize it or not.  I will be closing with pictures form our mall of America trip from 2009. they had giant Legos outside and Legoland inside. talk abut a kid in a candy store, it was the highlight of the trip for him. 



Mall of America 2009
 

Legoland- Mall of America 2009


No comments:

Post a Comment