Purpose

This blog was created to express my grief over the loss of my husband Tim. This blog is a place of expression and reflection as I continue to move on and journey through my grief and life in general. This blog will hopefully become more, but for now it is what it is.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thanksgiving

As Thanksgiving approaches, I am reminded of the things I am thankful for (and some of the things that make me happy) and wanted to share.  After my last post, I wanted something not so dark and anger laced.  Here is what I am thankful for this year (in no order of importance)

Family
Friends
Employment
Grover (cat)
Coffee
Will & Grace
Starbucks Iced coffee with vanilla syrup
Frank Sinatra and his incredible voice
Ibuprofen
My chiropractor
Pink Lady apples
Cherry delight (Mom's best dessert)
Seven & Seven
My godchildren (and their siblings)
Sunshine
A nice spring rain
ABBA
Laughter
Living in Madison
Concerts on the Square
David Sedaris
Movable type (thank you Mr. Gutenberg)
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens...
Van Gough
Movies
Bugs Bunny
Oatmeal
Wine
Shopping
Rainbows
Being gay
Pan a chocolat
Lazy Sunday mornings
My health
Warm socks
Blue (the color)
Charlie Brown
Traveling
London
Living in America
Oxygen
Will power
Abbot & Costello movies
A brisk fall day
Fall leaves
Birthdays
Quitting smoking
Losing weight
Sunrises
Sunsets
Quite
Love
Tim
Cleanliness
Peanut Butter, Peanut Butter, Peanut Butter!!
The perfectly wrapped present
Christmas ornaments
Sa-Bai Thong (Thai Cuisine)
Pad Thai with Shrimp
Pizza
Good looking men
Starbucks (where the barista know my name and drink)
A good meal
Music
The 1980's
College
Kindness
Smiles
Manners
The Macy's Day parade
David Boreanaz
Colin Firth
Reading on the patio on a warm sunny day
The smell of a spring rain and fall leaves
Kisses
Hand holding



I am thankful for so much this year.  Even though this holiday season is a bit darkened by Tim's passing, I am still thankful for so much.  I am thankful for all of my friends and family who have been there through the good and bad of the past year.  They made the past year bearable and even enjoyable.  The words thank  you don't being to cover my appreciation for them and all they have done.  I love all of them and am thankful every day for them.

Happy Thanksgiving. 


No comments:

Post a Comment