Purpose

This blog was created to express my grief over the loss of my husband Tim. This blog is a place of expression and reflection as I continue to move on and journey through my grief and life in general. This blog will hopefully become more, but for now it is what it is.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Prince Charming...sure

Being single again and trying to meet new people is frustrating. I thought I would say difficult, as in hard to start over after Tim, but truly it is FRUSTRATING.  I have met some guys, nice I am sure, just not relationship material.  I meet these guys, we talk, text, meet and hang out, only to have it all fall apart after a month.  The longest made it three months, but that has proven the exception.  By fall apart I mean a complete and abrupt halt in convesation and/or actvity. Now I don't think it is me, I think I keep up my end of things, and make the effort.  I don't want to come off as Glen Close all Fatal Attractionish nor do I want to be super aloof either.  I will make overtures of contact but after a while I just give up.  When you are the one making all the effort, it just gets tiring . I think I know when someone is no longer interested.(At least I hope I can pick up on that). 

I have meet one or two men just for fun, and that was all I expected.  I have moved on from that, as honestly, and I am being frank here, self pleasure is enough for now. Now of the men mentioned above, I have kissed one, played with one, and only talked and hung out with a few others.  I just get frustarted by having to kiss so many frogs to get a prince. Well hell some days I would take a Duke or hell even a Knight. (A Duke is below a prince and a Knight is at the bottom of a Royal heirachy- thank you Google). 

I know dating can be a ardouus process, with many ups and downs, so I have to be patient. My having patience is easier said than practiced. I have decided to remove my OKCupid profile and my Gay.com profile as well.  No more Grindr (not that I was really a fan of that app), no more Chemistry (a crappy matching system that didn't tell you that your close matches, which they always had a ton of , were 200 miles or more away before sucking you in to an overpriced monthly commitment.) Ok I might be a bit too bitter about that last one.

I think part of my frustration is that I am a bit of a romantic, thanks to the many romance movies (gay or otherwise) and stories I have endulged in over the years.  Ok I really have to rethink the recurrig day dream I have of meeting Mr. Right at a book store was we reach for the same book, or over spilled coffee at Starbucks.  Both wonderfully romantic but not as realistic as I once imagined.  Not to say I am becoming a total cynic,  I just beleive I am putting things into a better perspective.

I know I struck the love lottery when I met Tim.  The dating gods were smiling down on me the day I placed that ad in the Isthmus and he replied.  I was smitten from our first date.  I don't think I used all my luck up in meeting Tim, I just have a feeling that the dating gods can't smile down upon one all the time, they make you work a bit more the second go around. I will just let what happens happens. As I said in a prevous post, lighting may strike twice, I just have to wait, or cheat and go fly a kite in a thunderstorm.



No comments:

Post a Comment